Addon Manager List Generator

Re: Addon Manager List Generator

Postby makondo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:13 pm

srazzano, thanks! It's all right (the styling).

I'm not sure what's going on. It appears that AM opens on the last selected category - i don't think this is the default behavior. I think by default AM always opens on exts., no?
makondo

Postby srazzano » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:59 pm

No, I recall a while back going thru the Addon Managers js file, I seen some code on last selected category and assume that applies for restarting of the Manager to start it in that category. Delete you present List button and download the one I just updated. Formated dates and time and got rid of the second line ("EXTENSIONS:" ID DateUpdated). Made the popup list modal so it has to be closed before anything else can be selected so the list will reset and on the next open it will show what ever category your on.
srazzano

Postby makondo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:37 am

Too bad, i hate modal wins. I usually multitasking and those 'always on top' wins drive me nuts. For a simple example: you have a text editor open and you want to paste there just a few of your exts. from the list. You will have to close the win every time you copy, then paste, then open it again, etc. See the pic? I'd rather deal with 5 open wins, one for each category. But the best thing still, IMO, is a complete list of everything. After all, selecting and copying or deleting portions you don't need is easier than opening/closing that window.

What's this about? I don't see any changes: "... Formated dates and time..."
Last edited by makondo on Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
makondo

Postby srazzano » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:55 am

Thanks for explaining. Will be working on it.
srazzano

Postby mrbunnylamakins » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:06 am

makondo wrote:lamakin,
please do not post other buttons in buttons threads, it's confusing. This thread is about one particular button which is indicated in the thread title. If you have another button or need help with another button, start your own thread, please. Thanks!

Ha funny try to come off all smug.. I can point out over a dozen posted buttons other people done that to me and I didn't think nothing of it. People posted links to buttons already made of same topic and links to similar buttons. People even posted button that had nuffing similar to my button too. There are people going off way off topic on many of my post also. Do you see me yelling at them ? Anyway a majority people "Update" the main post (first post).

@mrbunnylamakins
Sorry for offtop :oops:
mrbunnylamakins

Postby makondo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:34 am

Just because 'people do it', doesn't make it right. I can see you thrive in chaos. Fine. But this thread is about one button and posting another button here - unless you suggest srazzano to look into it and use the code somehow for his button - is not serving anybody any good. People who would search for your button will not find it here. People who follow this thread, don't need it clattered with other buttons because they are interested in this particular button - by the thread title.
What you think or do about people 'doing this to you' is irrelevant here. I asked srazzano in another forum to post his button here for others. He did. None of us expected to see other buttons in this thread 'cause it serves no purpose and simply clatters the thread. Just because you know how to type doesn't always mean you should. In this case, instead of arguing, just stop doing this because somebody asked you nicely. Simple. you want to brag about your button? Fine, make your own thread and go at it!
You seem to be missing the idea of a well organized forum. Forum titled "Buttons made by forum users" intended to be for buttons made by forum users. Sort of a searchable database. Throwing buttons in other buttons threads makes it messy and serves nobody.
makondo

Postby mrbunnylamakins » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:53 am

I say your the only one getting bent out of shape.

None of us expected to see other buttons in this thread 'cause it serves no purpose and simply clatters the thread. :roll:

@makondo

Try the version by Anton.

http://forum.mozilla-russia.org/viewtop ... 46#p488446

@lamakin: use Application.extensions.all for Firefox 3.6
https://loucypher.googlecode.com/svn/cu ... 20List.xml

Just because 'people do it', doesn't make it right. ......... I say Good Day to You Sir!
mrbunnylamakins

Postby srazzano » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:44 am

@makondo,
Updated button! No modal window and displays all addon alphabetically by type. Let me know if I missed anything.
srazzano

Postby makondo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:11 am

OK. A couple of things if you feel like fiddling with it some more.
First of all. I was looking for something like Local Install used to have: a list of all addons separated by category title. Something like this:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Generated: Apr. 03, 2012 20:57:54

EXTENSIONS (total, enabled/disabled):
1. blah
2. blah
3. blah

THEMES (total, enabled/disabled):
1. blah
2. blah
3. blah

PLUGINS:
1. blah
2. blah
3. blah

SCRIPTS (total, enabled/disabled):
1. blah
2. blah
3. blah

etc. But, looking at this list, i'm not sure having styles in there is such a great idea ... i have 150+ of those. Makes it a very long list of things i'll never need. Of course, there probably not too many people who will use your button and have that many styles (and i don't have to scroll all the way down either!). So, it probably makes more sense to include styles than not to include.
In any case, i'm not fond of (ex), (pl) display, i think it makes the list clattered and hard to read. Would it be possible for you to try that 'block' approach above?
makondo

Postby srazzano » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:26 am

Will see what we can do.
srazzano

PreviousNext

Return to Buttons made by forum users