Addon Manager List Generator

Re: Addon Manager List Generator

Postby srazzano » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:33 am

OK makondo,
Updated button as per screenshot. Just need to work on the enabled and disabled counts and other than that, did I miss anything? What a pain, but really does look better!
srazzano

Postby makondo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:06 pm

Sorry i didn't catch you last night.... thought of something!
How about checkboxes on the left of every ext. and theme (the rest doesn't need it, IMO, unless it's easier to have them for everything) and 2 buttons on the bottom, to the left of your existing buttons: far left (first in that buttons row): Select All and second: Copy selected (as text, don't think you need to put this in the button name though).

Sonny, sorry for the trouble! You know you can always say 'No, i don't want to waste my time on this' and i will shot up. Actually, a simple 'No' will do ;)

OK. first of all thank you!
And now the bad news: styles are doubled for some reason BUT! only from number 100 and the doubles numbers starting from 100 look intended.
This happens only with styles and starts at 100. I don't think you can test this 'cause i don't think you have 100 styles!

Also, I think the categories should be in capital letters and divided by a space at the top, like i have on my example 'cause it's easier to see, right now it all kind of runs together unless i stretch the window to the widest entry there, which, BTW, brings me to my next point - scripts descriptions. They're very long and stretch the window way too much (to look properly). If i resize the window smaller, the long lines run over to the second line and start at the left edge and that's what makes it a bit messy 'cause now you can't see where the categories are. I think the easiest way to fix this would be to have categories in capitals with a space, like this:

EXTENSIONS (total, enabled/disabled):
1. blah
2. blah (disabled)
3. blah

THEMES (total, enabled/disabled):
1. blah
2. blah (disabled)
3. blah (disabled)

BTW, the Themes category is missing here all together. Speaking of which. You know in your AMfix ext. you have sorted categories by alphabet. Does this button take that info as it sees - that is, do Themes suppose to appear under all styles? That would be unexpected by many, i think. But i don't know if this should be 'fixed'. Maybe it's easier just to re-do it in AMfix and put everything back to default order?

srazzano, sorry for all this, just trying to make it 'perfect' but really, i personally quite happy with your AM menu. Thanks!
makondo

Postby makondo » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:48 pm

Well, and i'm still thinking ...
maybe it's too much for a button? Maybe you should make it into an ext. and have all those options: Select All, Copy selected, add ID (don't show it by default because it really doesn't matter to anyone but you and if you post it somewhere it makes the list messy). And maybe the list could be then css customizable?
makondo

Postby srazzano » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:07 am

Was afraid that would happen on 3 digits (could not test). Need to download 100 or so to test. Did space and capitalize the categories and the other various options would be accomplished more easier within an addon, as suggested (my next project).
What do you mean by the scripts description to long? Only have code for name-version-id-last updated.
srazzano

Postby makondo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 am

Hehe, i have one that stretches the window:
5. "us.o forum: add class for specified user(s)" http://userstyles.org/users/838/us.o forum: add class for specified user(s)@greasespot.net (Nov. 13, 2011)

^ that's ... pretty long. I think something like this would be enough for scripts:

5. "us.o forum: add class for specified user(s)" (Nov. 13, 2011)

And plugins don't need IDs, IMO.

If you're going to make it into an ext., you might consider making a prefs window with options to display IDs; select addons and copy selected; sorting like AM - alphabetically/last updated.

About testing 100s of styles. Instead of installing 100 styles, i can send you a file with a load of styles. I can disable them all/save as xml and send it to your email. I'd use/create a test profile with SC so that you can Import that xml (hopefully it now works, i didn't try it for a while). If this doesn't work, i can save the stylish.sqlite and email it to you so that you can just switch the file in a clean profile. Save the default sqlite and after testing switch it back dumping mine.
makondo

Postby srazzano » Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:55 am

Downloaded over 100 styles and this is what I see on my latest updated button:
Attachments
makondo.png
makondo.png (27.4 KiB) Viewed 402 times
srazzano

Postby makondo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:29 am

Perfect, works here too!
One thing ... maybe? ... It'd be nice if categories had count next to them. Like so:

EXTENSIONS 23 (enabled: 20 disabled: 3)

It would also be nice if list would show disabled state like AM does: 1. blah blah blah (disabled)
makondo

Postby srazzano » Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:50 am

Working on the enabled and disabled part, but do not think it is possible because the category must be selected to retrieve those counts.
Edit:
Do you think it would be useful to have check boxes at the bottom to select which categories not to be viewed?
srazzano

Postby makondo » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:19 am

Yes, i do. Maybe checkboxes next to categories names? So at first, it loads the whole list but if one wants to trim it to, let's say exts. only, check that box and ... somehow it reloads the list ... or have it change dynamically, as soon as a box is checked, it reloads w/out other categories.
BTW, i just went through a chaos trying to figure which profile i was using ... until i figured to look in about:config! I think it'd be nice to have profile name at the top, next to the UA string. This would also be nice for your AMfix, maybe upper left corner so that it's independent of a category view (buttons, count and all).
makondo

Postby srazzano » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Updated. Got category counts, profile name and exclusion check boxes.
srazzano

PreviousNext

Return to Buttons made by forum users