Style Toggler

Re: Style Toggler

Postby makondo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:31 pm

I'll do it all over again but the problem is, i can't change those images even within the button ini code! It's one broken button.... And i can't style them either, see no IDs for those icons.
makondo

Postby makondo » Sun Feb 21, 2016 11:30 pm

Nope, i just can't get this button to work! Uninstalled, reset ALL styleToggler settings in about:config, restarted twice, cleared cache ... the same thing!
When i reset settings, i reset all of them. I want to get rid of all traces of this button, anywhere and everywhere. I suspect it stuck in buttonsoverlay but it's such a mess there that i just don't see how i can clean it out of there.

Well, it's not there after i deleted. No settings for this button in prefs.js either. Cleared cache ... Whatthe is going on here?!?! The button works all right, i just can't change those images or simply hide them and use bg as a state indicator. Any chance you can give IDs to those icons so i can hide them with a style? Of course, if they have IDs, i can change them with a style ... should be able to, right?

2 buttons refuse to cooperate with me, this and Utility. At least, this one is working, just doesn't want to look the way i'd like it. The Utility simply doesn't work. 70% of the time it doesn't populate the menu. All other buttons work fine here. Odd?

I'm thinking, because i install the same exts. in all those new profiles i think going to be used the most, it would seem like some ext. conflict but only with this 2 buttons. This buttons call for menus - list of something. Could it be Exts. Options Menu ext. that conflicts 'cause it also calls exts. menu? (although i don't know what it might possible have to do with menu images!). I know, there's only one way to find out ....Image

EDIT: well. has something to do with images. I tried some other images and it worked every time but! i had to change one image at a time, restart, change another restart. Not a very good solution. Those restarts get to you especially if you're trying to troubleshoot. But at least i've found the problem. Maybe you can check to see if you can re-write it somehow to avoid this sort of things.
And now about the Utility button ....
Last edited by makondo on Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
makondo

Postby srazzano » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:43 am

First, with Style Toggler, are these the icons you are talking about?
srazzano

Postby makondo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:44 am

Yes, see my edit above.
makondo

Postby makondo » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:07 am

Here's the thing, i used those images before, in release and they worked all right. For enabled, i used the same image i use for the button itself. Everything worked fine. This profile is new, the only change i made in about:config was about sigs required. It is now loaded just like my release was, all exts., buttons, scripts and many styles are here. So, this button doesn't like some images. All images i tried are the same size, 18x18, just like all my toolbarbuttons and custom buttons. I';ve changed this enabled/disabled several times and it appears i can't use the same image for the button itself and any of the menu buttons (enabled/disabled). And i had to restart after changing one, if i change both at the same time, the last one i changed will not work. Don't know if it helps you any but even though I'm now settled with images, there's some problem, obviously.
makondo

Postby makondo » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:59 pm

I can't change Enabled/Disabled buttons icons, they don't stick after restart. Hiding them with a css.
makondo

Postby srazzano » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:09 pm

srazzano

Postby makondo » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:35 pm

OK ... but now i can't edit styles ... Click a style in the button menu and it opes to the taskbar, the only thing i can do with it now is close it from the windows taskbar menu.
makondo

Postby srazzano » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:29 am

In your about:config, reset this pref: extensions.stylish.editorWindowPersist
A known bug with Stylish. Happens during a restart with the editor minimized to the taskbar. Persoanlly, I made a Pref Toggler button to deal with that issue.
srazzano

Postby makondo » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:31 am

Thanks! I will probably forget about it pretty soon. This is actually the first time i see this (i think). I also think this bug will never get fixed now, you know.
makondo

PreviousNext

Return to Buttons made by forum users