Upgraded FF from v50 to v54.0.1 CB is Totally FUBAR

Post information about bugs here

Re: Upgraded FF from v50 to v54.0.1 CB is Totally FUBAR

Postby trapper john » Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:20 pm

In v56 custom buttons is still working sort of, that is the buttons function but you can't right click to edit them and it's missing in the about:addons palette. I know we're getting close to the end but is there any hope for one last fix?

If I'm not mistaken, legacy addons will continue in nightlies for a while past v57 until Google's moles at Mozilla finish the browser off for good.
trapper john

Postby avada » Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:05 am

trapper john wrote:In v56 custom buttons is still working sort of, that is the buttons function but you can't right click to edit them and it's missing in the about:addons palette. I know we're getting close to the end but is there any hope for one last fix?

If I'm not mistaken, legacy addons will continue in nightlies for a while past v57 until Google's moles at Mozilla finish the browser off for good.

Noticed it too. It wouldn't be mozilla if they didn't break it somehow in every version...
avada

Postby trapper john » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:34 pm

It's broken even more in v57. Now all buttons that use this code are non-functional:

var file = Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/local;1"].
createInstance(Components.interfaces.nsILocalFile);
file.initWithPath("");
file.launch();

Anybody out there, there must be someone left in the community who can give us one last update :--).

@avada, firefox is like a toy to these developers, it's something for them to play around with in their spare time while completely forgetting millions are using and depending on it to work consistently from version to version. Apparently Santa Claus didn't visit them enough at Christmas time. That's why rapid release is good for chrome but not firefox. So they've decided to just turn it into a chrome clone. How thoughtful and innovative.
trapper john

Postby avada » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:14 am

trapper john wrote:It's broken even more in v57. Now all buttons that use this code are non-functional:

Yeah well it's not supposed to work on v57 at all. I expect none will work even in Nightly (with legacy extensions enabled) because they keep removing old interfaces for addons, the addon SDK and such.
That said it'd be nice if it worked on v56. I intend to stay on it for the foreseeable future, because of addons.
avada

Previous

Return to Bug report