preview buttons images before saving

Post information about bugs here

preview buttons images before saving

Postby makondo » Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:39 pm

Please, is it possible to make the editor to preview CButtons icons before saving them? As of now, if you change the image, you have to save to see the new one. it would be much nicer to be able to preview the change with, for instance, a click on the Save button which' already there. Of course, it'd be better to have a Preview button which could also include the preview of the code change (like i posted in the dead thread here).
This way, if you don't like the new image, you can go on changing/previewing till you're satisfied instead of closing/opening the button to do that.
TIA!
makondo

Re: preview buttons images before saving

Postby Odyseus » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:43 pm

Hello, makondo.

You can already do all that. You do not need to press OK and re-open the edit window to view the new image. You just have to press Control + S (shortcut for save) and the button will save and update with the new image. You can do that even if you have not edited the button code (the Save button greyed out/disabled).

With regard to what you mention in the post that you have linked. There is also no need for a "code preview". You can already do that very easily. Instead of pressing OK, press Control + S (save the button). If you do not like the changes or the button "broke", just press Control + Z (shortcut to undo the changes) and press Control + S again to re-save the button to its previous state. This also works even if you edit the button with an external editor. I do this all the time while developing my buttons. I never close the edit window and if I have to go back to an erlier version, I just keep pressing Control + Z until I reach the original/initial code.
Odyseus

Re: preview buttons images before saving

Postby makondo » Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:28 am

Thanks, it's a workaround but a Preview button would still be much more useful and easier, IMO.
When Ctrl+S to see the new image, for instance, Ctrl+Z doesn't return to the previous/old/default image and you have to change it again ... which is almost the same as clicking OK and reopening the button to change the image. A Preview button should discharge changes 'cause you really just previewing, not saving changes.
Since i've never got a response from Anton to the code Preview button thread or this one, i'm guessing it will not happen (although some yes or no or maybe in response would be nice) and i will have to use your tips ... if i can remember where to find it when i'll need it again.
Thanks!
makondo

Return to Bug report