Like the title says, whenever I copy to the clipboard a CB button URI, the global constructor new DOMParser() stops working completely. The only way to recover the DOMParser functionality is to restart the application. This happens with all versions of Firefox (from Stable to Nightly) with Custom Buttons version 0.0.5.8.9. In Palemoon and SeaMonkey this problem doesn't exists.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- Open Browser console and execute this code:
- Code: Select all
(new DOMParser).parseFromString("<tag></tag>", "application/xml").documentElement;
- Right click on any Custom Button and copy its URL to the clipboard.
- Execute again the code from step one and the DOMParser fails with this error:
[Exception... "Unexpected error" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location: "JS frame :: debugger eval code :: <TOP_LEVEL> :: line 1" data: no]
- Not just the new DOMParser() constructor breaks. The nsIDOMParser service is also rendered useless.
- I reverted back to Custom Buttons versions 0.0.5.8.8 and 0.0.5.8.7. The exact same problem.
- I reverted back to Custom Buttons version 0.0.5.8.6. The DOMParser constructor works perfectly always.