[Signed fixed extension attached] CB broken on Firefox 48+

Post information about bugs here

Re: [Signed fixed extension attached] CB broken on Firefox 4

Postby trapper john » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Anyone else experience another breakage in 58 nightly? Any buttons that use initialization code are dead. The break occurred between 11/04 and 11/06 central builds but I haven't been able to narrow down the bug responsible. Don't know if it's hard-coded or can be tweaked in about:config.
trapper john

Postby Infocatcher » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:32 pm

trapper john wrote:Anyone else experience another breakage in 58 nightly? Any buttons that use initialization code are dead. The break occurred between 11/04 and 11/06 central builds but I haven't been able to narrow down the bug responsible. Don't know if it's hard-coded or can be tweaked in about:config.

defaults/preferences/*.js doesn't work anymore, so all code around not changed extensions.custombuttons.mode is broken.
https://forum.mozilla-russia.org/viewtopic.php?pid=746057#p746057
custom_buttons-0.0.5.8.9-fixed7pre.xpi (not signed)
Infocatcher

Postby trapper john » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:56 pm

It's back with that update so thanks again to Infocatcher amd Dumby.

A couple of other legacy addons broke with that change, is the workaround easy enough to apply so I can fix those as well?
trapper john

Postby Infocatcher » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:02 pm

trapper john wrote:A couple of other legacy addons broke with that change, is the workaround easy enough to apply so I can fix those as well?
Unfortunately, no. Should be fixed each statement with prefs reading. Or should be written some custom loader to enumerate all install locations and load defaults/preferences/*.js manually.
Infocatcher

Postby trapper john » Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:25 am

Infocatcher wrote:Or should be written some custom loader to enumerate all install locations and load defaults/preferences/*.js manually.

Gotcha. I'll try and see what can be done but it sounds like something morat would know, I recall he's posted a previous custom loader. Would love to have foxclocks and menu editor back.
trapper john

Postby Infocatcher » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:22 pm

Infocatcher wrote:Or should be written some custom loader to enumerate all install locations and load defaults/preferences/*.js manually.

https://forum.mozilla-russia.org/viewtopic.php?pid=746461#p746461
Something by Dumby (inside spoiler, code for configuration file like for trick to turn-off signatures).
Infocatcher

Postby trapper john » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:34 pm

@Infocatcher, is that code by Dumby working for you? I'm using it in a file called config.js placed in the root folder of the Firefox directory with no luck. I've also tried different locations, e.g. the profile and firefox/default folders. He says it's good so maybe I don't have it in the right place.
trapper john

Postby Infocatcher » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:18 pm

trapper john wrote:is that code by Dumby working for you? I'm using it in a file called config.js placed in the root folder of the Firefox directory with no luck.
Also needed special file in defaults\pref:
%install_directory%\defaults\pref\config-prefs.js
Code: Select all
pref("general.config.obscure_value", 0);
pref("general.config.filename", "config.js");

+ %install_directory%\config.js (with code from Dumby's post)
Infocatcher

Postby trapper john » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:24 pm

That was the trick, everything's working now thanks once again to Dumby. That additional pref file I forgot about was included in the ghacks thread you had posted.

Mozilla keeps laying new mines and there always seems to be a way around them, at least for now. Hoping to make it to 59esr with the legacy addons.
trapper john

Postby Tommy27 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:09 am

has any user been able to make it work with Seamonkey 2.49.1 release?
Tommy27

PreviousNext

Return to Bug report