Pale Moon and Custom Buttons compatibility

General discussion about Custom Buttons, including feature requests.

Pale Moon and Custom Buttons compatibility

Postby Barruel » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:54 pm

Hi.

Because of the (not so) recent extensions debacle with Firefox and after some months in the ESR branch, I've finally moved to Pale Moon.

The process has been smooth despite the huge number of addons I use, but I'm facing issues with CB, which is one of my big extensions.

Thing is that CB breaks the browser address field.

This is how it looks with CB disabled:

And this is with CB enabled:

This happens with both the latest SRAZZANO version 56.0.7 and an older 0.0.5.8.9.1 version I got elsewhere.

Hope this is fixable.

Best regards.
Barruel

Re: Pale Moon and Custom Buttons compatibility

Postby srazzano » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:19 pm

Have you tried the Waterfox browser at https://staging.waterfoxproject.org/en- ... w/?scene=1, which a lot of us are using ?
srazzano

Postby Barruel » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:20 am

srazzano wrote:Have you tried the Waterfox browser at https://staging.waterfoxproject.org/en- ... w/?scene=1, which a lot of us are using ?

Hi, srazzano.

Yes, I've tried both WF and PM. I've picked Pale Moon because I read somewhere that WF developer is not going to keep XUL and XPCOM addons support in the browser in the long term. With Pale Moon it was different.

Also picked PM over WF because some key extensions (AiOS, Tab Mix Plus, HTTPS Everywhere, etc), are ported to PM and actively developed, while their FF counterparts are abandoned.

PM is based off Firefox ESR 38 I think.
Barruel

Postby Barruel » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:47 am

Well... it has fixed itself, so there is nothing wrong between Custom Buttons and Pale Moon.

I tried disabling a couple of extensions I was suspicious of and then I had both CB and a normal address field working.

Then I enabled the extensions one by one in order to find the culprit and, to my amazement, everything was OK. I did some more tweaking to the toolbars and after restarting the browser it was broken again.

I thought about some preferences conflict, but then I found the culprit. It was that particular button I had next to the address field ("Go plus!³[selected]"). It breaks the address field even when placed in another toolbar.
Barruel

Postby makondo » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:27 pm

Don't know where you read this but Alex, WF developer, said exactly opposite: he will keep WF xul and therefor 'legacy' exts. compatibility for as long as it will be possible. TMP works fine in WF. So does srazzano' CB and all of my exts., including WebExt. versions of Open With and uBlock. About those exts. that converted to WebExts. now, simply don't update beyond the last 'legacy' version.
makondo

Return to General Discussion